“I attended your session and I just wanted to say it was absolutely fantastic. It (and you) were incredibly unique, thoughtful, relevant, and creative.” Nathalie Noel, Strategy Coach
“Thank you Heather for a fantastic workshop today. It was one of the best I have ever attended!” Susan Watts, Executive Director EE Centre
“Hands down the best workshop I have ever attended. Has given me the tools to change the way our entire team works with data.” MD, Children’s Aid Society
Live, Interactive Online Workshop.
Get the experience and tools to overcome the equity challenges in your data.
The course is taught over two half-day sessions
Tuesday September 22 and Thursday September 24 2020
11:00am to 2:30pm (ET)
Foundations of Data Equity:
Live, Interactive Online WorkshopFew people intentionally use data to make racist, or sexist, or unethical decisions. However, it’s very easy to do so accidentally. This has serious consequences for communities, policies, individuals, and organizations. From regular citizens, to decision makers, to CEOs, to tech workers, we all need a toolkit for embedding equity and ethics on our data products. “I have been attending professional workshops for three decades and I have never been to one as engaging, fun, and immediately useful as Heather’s data equity workshop.” Elaine Cabanes, Grants Director
What you’ll get:
Hands-on practice with real-world case studies and checklists that can transform your work tomorrow and in ten years.
A toolkit of stories, checklists, and examples you can use to engage your team.
An opportunity to meet other people with similar aims, motivations, challenges, and stories. However, we guarantee that our workshops are introvert-approved. You will not be mandated to share out loud or work in a group. Pinky swear.
By the end of the day you will be able to:
- Use the We All Count seven-step data equity framework to surface bias, racism, homophobia, sexism, and more in your data products.
- Use the We All Count checklists to correct these issues and biases
- Take practical steps to embed equity into your data products
- Facilitate a conversation between your data team and your non-technical stakeholders about what it means to embed equity in your data products
- Build a list of immediate actions you can take tomorrow as well as a long term plan for you and your team.